Tuesday, August 31, 2010

True Happiness....

Hey, y'all!

So many things are in my heart today, I feel like the sons of Korah who write in Psalm 45, "My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (NKJV) Wow! That's me today. Why? Well, many reasons, which I will tell you about for the next several days.

First, I have learned an important thing today: contentment is not based on circumstances. I have heard Beth Moore mention this before (if you're looking for a great Biblical teacher, who makes you love the Lord more and more, check out her blog here: http://blog.lproof.org/  or her ministry web site: http://www.lproof.org/). I knew it to be true, but now I have experienced it in my life!

For a while, I wasn't considering a certain opportunity in my life because I thought it would be "boring." I also felt that if I were supposed to take advantage of the opportunity, I would feel it. We've all been there, right? Well, yesterday, I was presented with many reasons to take this opportunity and I felt myself being swayed in that direction. So, I thought, "What is going on here, Lord?" I prayed and contemplated; I asked God to reveal to me if this was His will for me.

Then today, it hit me: When I thought about taking this opportunity, I was content. Not because I thought this opportunity would be the best thing ever in itself, but because Jesus Christ would be with me no matter what. Those times that we don't "feel" convinced we are supposed to go in a particular direction in life, if what we are considering is not sinful and everything else seems to be pointing in that direction, we may just be being called in that direction. Remember, it's not circumstances that make you happy, it's the Lord Jesus Christ Who is with you always Who makes you happy.

God bless everyone of you!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. You make such a great point about the REAL source of contentment--thanks, Lydia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You won Shannon Primicerio's book, Leah, from a post at shereads.org. I just need your address. You can email me at nicoleodell 6 <@> gmail.com.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete