Saturday, August 7, 2010

Beauty in the Lord....

Hey, y'all!

I thought that it would be appropriate to start a blog named "Clothed with Strength and Dignity" with a shopping story. Usually, shopping is one of my favorite things to do. I love constructing modest, but flattering outfits!

On the day that my story took place, however, things weren't quite as sunny. My sister and I were at K-Mart and I had tried on several different articles of clothing...nothing fit. How many of us have been there? Having lost quite a bit of weight in the last year, it frustrated me to know that I was slowly, but surely, gaining it back. Saying I was bummed is an understatement: I was flat out mad. I was mad at myself for regaining the weight, I was mad at exercise for being so hard, and I was mad at food for tasting so good (I was mad and slightly crazed). Standing in the checkout line, while my sister paid for her purchases, it occurred to me that I was mad over something that in the long run, had very little significance. Yes, I had regained the weight; yes, I would have to go through the process of losing it all over again, but, you know what? It's the Holy Spirit inside of me who makes me beautiful. Doesn't matter what size I am. I am God's dwelling place. I am beloved of the Lord. I am beautiful in His eyes, whether I'm a size 10 or a size 110. Outside beauty is not what is important: inside beauty is what counts.

Yours in Christ,
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! I have totally been there. That's why my "dark jeans" are still hanging in the closet. And I totally agree with you that inside beauty is what counts.

    ReplyDelete